Friday, July 25, 2014

Tap Tap Restaurant - Miami Beach, FL


Restaurant: 
Tap Tap

Location: 
819 5th St.
Miami Beach, Fl 33139

Hours: 
M-Sun 11a-9p

 Ambiance:
Tap Tap is a Haitian Restaurant located on 5th Street in South Beach, within walking distance from Ocean Drive if you are staying there. The environment is very lively, all the walls of this establishment are painted with Haitian art. The ambiance is supposed to make you feel like you are out in Haiti. I've never been to Haiti, but I truly love this place because it reminds me of restaurants that I used to eat at when I lived in Africa. This restaurant is a definite MUST VISIT when in Miami. More on the restaurant and art, here.

 What I Ate:
I ordered the Poul Boukanen, with a side of rice and beans, and a Ju de Mangue( AKA Grilled Chicken and Mango Juice). Let me tell you, I definitely got my money's worth. Sometimes you eat somewhere and the food portions are totally unsatisfying compared to their price tag. They gave me a full half chicken- Crazy! I was so busy enjoying the chicken and dipping sauce that I forgot about my rice and beans. And, the rice and beans portions were quite large too, but tasty!
The only negative was that my slaw salad was served on a dusty lettuce leaf. Other than that, everything was amazing!




Tap Tap Haitian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment