Monday, May 12, 2014

Grub Burger Bar- Houston TX

Grub Burger Bar











Restaurant

Location: 
799 Town & Country BlvdHouston, TX (Upstairs from Urban Outfitters, next to Ra Sushi)

Hours:
Sun-Thurs: 11-10
Fri & Sat: 11-11

Ambiance:
This past Saturday I went to Grub Burger Bar with Brunch and Conversation. Grub Burger Bar is located in the City Centre on the west side of town. The restaurant has two other locations in Texas: one in College Station and another in Dallas. The City Center location was very clean and stylish without being all fancy-pants and whatnot. The majority of the people who worked there all seemed to be around 17 years old, but were still friendly and professional nonetheless. The only concern I had with this location was that the bathroom was a bit untidy and I had to scrounge for soap to wash my hands.

What I ate:
I initially set out to bond with my dear friend and people-watch (of course), but my intentions quickly changed once I took a look at the menu. Two words ladies and gentlemen: spiked. Milkshakes. So you mean that these lovely people have combined the sweet American innocence of a shake and the delightful dangerousness of alcohol into one beverage? Yes I tell you.

Yes.

I glanced at the six different spiked milkshakes until I set my heart and taste buds on the mint chocolate chip spiked milkshake with vodka, coffee liqueur, crème de mènthe, Andes Mints and chocolate. The desert received several longing stares from the other patrons as the waiter made his way to my table and I couldn’t help but to awe over it’sgorgeousness before I took my first sip.  The drink was smooth and sweet with a kick at the end…kind of like a Power Puff girl. I loved it!

All in all, the drink definitely lived up to my expectations and is probably the best sweet treat a hard-working teacher could ask for!

Grub Burger Bar, Mint Chocolate Chip Spiked Milkshake, City Centre, City Center Houston, Spiked milkshakes
Mint Chocolate Chip Spiked Milkshake


Grub Burger Bar, Texaz Spiked Milkshake, City Centre, City Center Houston, Spiked milkshakes
Brunch & Co. had a Guacapotle Burger w/ a Texaz Spiked Milkshake
I'm a bit picky with burgers. The burger was simple, no big flavor- the guac added the missing flavor which I wished to have had more of. The fries, although they looked good, lacked flavor as well; if I were to compare them to other places I've eaten. The milkshakes are the BOMB DIGGITY- highly recommend!! XO  - Brunch & Co.

Grub Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

Guest Blogger:

Erin Barlow is a teacher and self proclaimed cookie monster.
When's she's not busy teaching, you can find her searching high and low, for the next best pastry.



No comments:

Post a Comment